Monday, November 4, 2013

Winter Wonderland



 Familia e amigos,

These week I made the transition to my new area and I am loving it. There's so much potential here and we're going to build this area up, but more importantly, we're going to help people on their personal journey to coming closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That's what it's all about. 


Last night Elder Bilodeau and I went to teach a guy named Jose (he speaks great english haha). We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and at the end committed him to be baptized. Apparently he had been asked before and his answer was the same this time. He said he didn't feel ready. Afterward we were able to find out what is holding him back and testify to him that he really is ready and that he has been prepared for years to accept this invitation. I told him that he might not feel ready and that's because it takes faith to make a commitment like baptism. The spirit testified to him as well and I asked him if he would be baptized and he said "I will". Those are the best words to hear in a lesson!! Anyways, he still isn't sure when, but he's going to pray with his wife (who is a member) about the 30th of November. I just read today in Hermana Rawlings e-mail that she has a baptism set for the same day. Pretty cool! :D

We have a lot of investigators in this area that are close to baptism, some of which just need that invitation and testimony like Jose. 


This week, I met my English counterpart. He was a VISA waiter in England and this is his first transfer here. His accent is thick haha. I'm working on making mine better around him. People have confused us a bunch already because we look really similar. His hair is brown though, and he's a little shorter. I'll show you a pic in this e-mail. Elder Malster, cool guy.



Elder Bilodeau and I can relate on so many levels, partly because he's from Modesto, and partly because we just have the same attitude about the work. Now that  I'm done with "training", I feel like I'm pulling a lot more weight in this area which I really like because it gives me confidence that I can be a good Missionary in a sense that I know what I'm doing. 

Anyways, new things are happening every day here. It's so exciting to be a part of this work. I'll post pictures of the snow and anything else I can find. Até logo todo o mundo! Tenha uma grande semana!

-Elder Sellers


No comments:

Post a Comment