Monday, October 28, 2013

Transfer Day

So friends and fam, 

My mission president called me and said that I'm going to the Spanish Fork Canyon Area with ElderBilodeau. I'm really excited because I already know him. He's from Modesto, California. Plus, he's a hard worker and I know we'll work hard. 

My companion Elder Bradford was moved up to be a zone leader in the Mapleton area. 

This last week I got to speak to 3 fluent Portuguese speakers, not bad haha. Also, Heavenly Father sent us a lot more investigators 3 of which are on date now. I'm excited for them and that I'm not going too far, so I can go to their baptisms if I still haven't gotten my VISA. It's tough getting transferred because you have to say goodbye to all of those that you taught and worked with, but luckily, this is Utah county and I will be back after my mission. Also, Spanish Fork is really just 15 minutes away. 

I knew I was going to be transferred and I feel like I'm ready for it. I put in a lot of hard work here, and now President McCune wants me to build up another area in Spanish Fork.

There's this guy named Jason from Nebraska who showed up to church last week. He's staying with some members and this is the first time he has heard anything about the gospel. After going to church he told us that he wanted to know more and he'd like to have the discussions. After teaching the restoration and about Joseph Smith's first vision, he told us that he knew it was true. I then committed him to be baptized and he said yes. (in the first lesson!) Okay, I sort of saw it coming..but still. I know that the spirit is really working through him. He's been to all 3 hours of church 2 weeks in a row and his baptismal date is in late november. The cool part is that my companion and I had nothing to do with it. All we did was invite him to meet with us and then to be baptized. The Lord did the rest. He prepared Jason for the incredible transformation that is about to happen in his life. I have seen the hand of the Lord through this week with each and every teaching appointment. I'm definitely leaving Mapleton on a high note. 

I love you all!! I really mean it! Send me a short e-mail this week, I'd love to hear from you.

-Elder Sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment