Monday, October 21, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer

Hello friends and family! 

This week flew by as they all do, but one of the highlights is that we now have 4 investigators which we are working with on top of all of the Less Actives we're teaching, so our hands are pretty full, plus any opportunity that I get to teach is something I look forward to. 

I am excited to see growth in the missionary work in our area and to know that I am able to be a part of it. 

This week I've been teaching a lot more on Facebook which brings me to my miracle of the week. So, a month ago I got a friend request from a girl named An Drei. I had never spoken to her, or met her, and we had no mutual friends on Facebook. On top of all that she was from the Phillipines, so I really did not see why she added me. For about a week I put it past me, but I did notice that she liked to post scriptures and spiritual thoughts on Facebook. Basically, all the time. Like us. So I decided to ask her why she added me, because it couldn't hurt. She then apologized to me because she thought I was an "Elder Seller" that she met in the Phillipines 2 years ago. Again, I put it in the back of my mind, but then I felt impressed to know the whole story, so I asked her. This is what she told me. (her english isn't perfect.)

"It was just one fine day, that we have met on the bus on the way to city. I think they we're on the mission. And we talk a little about religion and he shared to me the book of mormon. I like the concept of what he say "that someday our family will be united in da kingdom of God forever." "

After reading that I pieced the whole puzzle together and realized that this was a miracle staring me in the face. She added me because she met an Elder with a similar name to mine, she told me that he shared a Book of Mormon with her, and she likes the idea that someday we can be with our families forever!

I asked her if she wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon and how she can be with her family forever.

She said of course. Since then I've taught her two lessons on Facebook and Invited her to read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. This missionary experience was an answer to my prayers and strengthened my testimony that "the field is white already to harvest". God is preparing people in our lives right now and all we have to do is open our mouths share what we know to be true. If we pray for missionary opportunities and earnestly look for them. We will find them.

I love you all. Have a great week!

-Elder Sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment