Monday, November 11, 2013

Spanish Fark..

Hello everyone, 

We just finished up week 2 here, and I can't believe how fast it went and how busy we were. There is a lot to be done in this area and there's already a lot going on. I have yet to have a single baptism in any of my areas, because by the time someone we taught was close to their baptismal date, I got moved to a new area, but if all goes well, we should have 4 baptisms in the next 3 weeks. 3 of which are scheduled on the30th of Nov. now. Apparently it's a great day to get baptized haha. One of those people on date for the 30th has been investigating the church for 10+ years, has been taught by dozens of sets of missionaries, but has never been able to quit smoking and now for some purpose that I don't know. God has delegated my companion and I to be here at the time when she can finally enter into the waters of baptism and start a new chapter in her life. Pretty cool stuff. 

One thing really interesting about serving in Utah is that people all over the country, all over the world, come here on a whim or just for some kind of change in their life and they find the church. When I was in Mapleton, during my last week there, we taught a guy named Jason who knew absolutely nothing about the church except the stereotype that we have a lot of wives. When he came to stay with friends in Mapleton (98% LDS) he knew that this is why he came. He knew that the church is what he was looking for when he came out here. We had one lesson with him and then we put him on date to be batized. God prepares people. In his own way he brought Jason to Utah and in his own way, he will change his life forever. 

I love being a missionary, I love this gospel. I love the happiness it brings to everyone who chooses to follow Jesus Christ. 

I challenge each of you to reach out to your friends and family that have been prepared and are ready to have the happiness of the gospel in their lives as well. 

I love you all! Take care! Happy Veterans Day! Pray for the Phillipines!

-Elder Sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment